Wednesday 3 August 2011

Happy grumpies!


I just can't seem to leave these little guys alone at the minute; I was all set to use a different image today, and even got so far as colouring it all in, but my persnickety brain refused to play until I started thinking about the Grumpies again. I think someone told them that Smudgefest was supposed to be called Grumpiefest. I gave these two arms and made them hold hands so that (if you sort of unfocus your eyes slightly) together they look like one happy smiling face. The Grumpies are, of course, by Smeared Ink, and this particular couple are included in the Love Grumpies set. I created the papers in PSP specifically for this project (because for some bewildering reason, I just didn't seem to have any love or friendship papers in this colour scheme :P)
These are the challenges I'd like to enter:
Pink Ink - sketch
Smudgefest Day 3 - bright orange, yellow, grey, deep indigo (the indigo looks black in my piece, but it is actually a very deep purple)
Stamptacular Sunday - Friendship
Crafts and Me - anything goes
Little Red Wagon - critters
Fab n Funky - friendship
Cooking It Up with Katie - something old (ribbon), something new (paper), something you love (digital colouring)
Stampin' B's Design Team - card using ribbon
Magical Monday with Paper Cupcakes - mythical/mystical creatures (Do cute furry monsters count?)

20 comments:

ike said...

Oh, these are just great. :-D BRILLIANT creation.
Ike xx

Sande said...

Thanks for you kind words on my blog. Your card is funny and cute.

There is a new challenge blog started on 1st of August It's all about the Vintage. We are offering yammy blog candy on August. Pop over to check it out.

Hugs, Sande xx

Unknown said...

Hi Susan

I love this your Grumpies look so in love
Luv Jane xxx

Céline said...

cute and funny card!
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline SSC DT

Joanne said...

Your card is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

~Lady B~ said...

Ok...I'm waiting for blood to burst out or knives or weapons. Do my eyes deceive me? Is this a "happy" card? My dear Susan, are you not well? LOL! Just kidding! I loves me some grumpies as well! Fabulous take on the color challenge!

Monique's art said...

so sweet, I want grumpies too

Laura B said...

I'm loving the Grumpies right now, too.:) Wonderful card!

Susan said...

AHhhhhh....LOVE so sweet, even for grumpies!!
Great card :)
Susan

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Hee-Hee... You are rockin' the grumpies too! I love your card! You decided to go all mushy on this one! LOL!

Katie said...

They certainly made me smile, great card!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie this week :)

Misti said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I couldn't help but smile!!

Scrap Vamp said...

This is totally cute!

Jennifer said...

Lol...fab!! Thanks for joining us at F'n'F this time xx Jenny xx

Chris said...

thanks for entering the Cooking It Up With Katie challenge, you put a smile on my face with this card, those grumpies, smudgies whatchamacallits are just too darn cute. I can see why you keep having to use them.

DK Spins said...

Love the senti you created & these Grumpies are so adorable. Wonderful card, Susan!

DonnaMundinger said...

Awwww, this is sweet! Love that you're using all Grumpies. xxD

crafty amy said...

Oh this is so cute they are such a fun image :D
Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Emma H said...

Wow, very funky and very fun! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab N Funky this week!

I Don't Do Straight said...

Soooo "C" word LOL Love them Susan :)

Fiona. x