Monday 7 March 2011

Skelekinz tag



You know what Monday means, right? It's time for a new Macabre Monday challenge at the Haunted Design House blog, and this week the theme is "Body Bags and Toe Tags" We want you to create or alter a bag or tag, or use one in your creation. I went for a tag, using one of the wonderful Skelekinz digis from Bugaboo, I love their creepy-cute innocence :)
Here are the challenges I'd like to enter:
Now a few of the challenges are to either try something new or create your own embellishment, and those skulls are my qualification for both. I've been able to 3D things in PSP for a while, but I've never tried to create a 3D metal object before. However, I couldn't find just the right embellishment for this piece and none of the metal embellies I had matched the love text so they just looked odd together. So I had a play and ended up with these skulls, which I think may well end up getting a lot of use, as I love them :D
Some Odd Girl - make your own embellishment (skulls)
Creative Cottage - tag, you're it
Truly Scrumptious - followed the sketch
Tuesday Throwdown - tags
Creative Card Crew - gothic
A Spoon Full of Sugar - tags
The Crafty Pad - ribbon
Order of the Opus Gluei - new tricks (my skulls, I can do 3D metal now, yay!)
Catch the Bug - anything goes
Stamp Something - digital

17 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Susan. What a fun tag, cute image and I love the colour combo. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

Andrea C said...

Wonderful tag and I LOVE your skulls. The image is adorable and the ribbon at the top is freakily brilliant x

DonnaMundinger said...

LOVE those colors and the image is just sooo cute! Amazing job on the 3D skulls, Susan! I swear they look real! xxD

Tina said...

such a cute tag i may have to try this..

Tina

Jana said...

Your tag is wonderful. I love that little girl. She's just adorable. In a creepy sort of way. LOL. I love that you learned how to make 3-D metal embellies in PSP. Those skulls look fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI. Love seeing your creations.

LindaS said...

OMG such a spooky tag - It would fit my teenage daughters door perfectly.

Pat said...

Lovely tag, super colours. Thanks for sharing at The Crafty Pad this week, good luck.

Pat xx

jackiescrafts said...

Hi Susan I hope you are keeping well
Love your tag the colours are great

Hugs Jackie x

Kim said...

This is so cute. The image is adorable and the skull accent goes perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Sharon said...

What a fabulous tag, I love the embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.

Anne said...

cute as a button Susan
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage this week
Anne x

Lori said...

Susan, this is AWESOME. I love the purple and black together and how you colored the little Skelekinz girl...she looks adorable (for a skelekinz anyway :) ) Great job on making the skulls too...that's amazing. Thanks so much for joining the Catch the Bug Challenge. I hope you'll join us again next time.
Lori

Unknown said...

Fab tag, thanks for joining us this week on Some Odd Girl.
Caz
x

Åsa aká Scraphorse said...

What a fab tag! Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl.

Rosemary said...

Oh, I'm sorry it's taken me this long to leave a comment (I thought I had, whoops, sorry). She is creepy cute and I have to admit, I rather like THAT! The skulls came out cool (never thought I'd type that phrase) and the metal effect is perfect.

Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at Opus Gluei!

Debbie said...

Aww love your tag, great image and ribbon too. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad

Stephanie said...

Cute tag, thanks for playing at Catch the Bug!