Monday 12 July 2010

The art of being wise . . .


I had fun making this one, lol, you can always overlook things like mis-matched buttons and paint spills and just enjoy the overall effect ;) These are the challenges that I made it for:
Sentimental Sundays - I can see clearly (use clear embellishments), so I found some digital buttons and played with them to get the look you can see. It was harder than I was expecting, with digital stuff, clear can often end up as just being invisible, so I'm quite pleased with the effect of the buttons :)
Getting Crafty with Anne - anything goes
Crafty Hos - black white + one
Tuesday Morning Sketches - This blog is celebrating its first birthday, so they have a full list of all their past sketches and you can use any one of them. I love having such a choice all in one place, you really should give it a go. I've used sketch 2 for this, and I think this will be my second entry this week, if that's not allowed, just disinclude one of them :)
Crafty Creations - make your own button. I'm not sure if digi will count for this one, but I did actually alter the buttons you can see, they started out as a large red one.
Penny's Challenge - use 7 of something (buttons)
Wildflower Wednesday - grunge
Crafts and Me - black pink white
Stampin' B's Challenge - polka dots
Totally Gorjuss - Water. Another one where I'm not really sure if it will count. Do digital splashes count as wet enough?
Hedgehogs and Ladybirds - buttons
Incy Wincy Designs - distress it

19 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful creations, love the addition of the black button to the clear ones, great idea. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Anesha

Melissa Craig said...

Super cute Susan! I love that sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Benzi said...

Wonderful card! I like those digital buttons and how you used them. Glad you joined the Stampin B this week with your polka dots.

Ann said...

Susan this is an adorable did card. The clear effect on the buttons came out very nicely. Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week!

craftyb said...

great card...LOVe that sentiment...the buttons look cooool! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

sam21ski said...

Great card Susan. Fab colour combo and just love those buttons xxxx

Josephine said...

So true! Lovely card.

June said...

Fab work Susan, I love those clear buttons they are brilliant
Hope all is good with you, i have had a very busy weekend
hugs June xxxx

jackiescrafts said...

Love your card Susan, hope you are ok

Hugs Jackie x

Darlene said...

GREAT sentiment and wonderful creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge!! Hope to see you again next challenge!

Spyder said...

Love this! Love that colour and those buttons, fabulous!
((Lyn))

Rae Anne said...

ART. . .is this card!!! WOW - I thought it was a banner at first and I was looking for the picture!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!! :D Thanks so much for working the corner with The Crafty Hos! :D MWAH!

gina g said...

Lovely card, fab sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Lelia Pierce said...

Loving the mismatched buttons! Thanks for joining us at the Wild Flower Patch!

xxx

Heather "Hev" said...

Awesome saying :) May have to borrow that one.

Thank you for joining us this week over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge

Have a wonderful week
Heather
my blog

Courtney said...

What a great card! Thanks for playing along with our 7's challenge at Penny's!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Anonymous said...

Just love this one-the sentiment is wonderful and your colors are great! Thank you for joining us this week for SEntimental Sundays. I hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Awesome! I couldn't even tell this was digital until I read the descrip - those clear buttons look great. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

Tammy Miller said...

This is so sweet, and you colored it beautifully. Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at The Crafty Ho’s ! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!