Sunday 11 July 2010

Freedom, Honour, Courage


The theme for the challenge at OSAAT (One Stitch At A Time) this week Military. but your entry can of course be tangential if you're scratching your head for ideas :P
I've used the beautiful Aloria stamp by Lexi's Creations to make my piece, and you can buy it HERE. And don't forget that there's a massive 30% off sale going on at Stitchy Bear Stamps for the month of July, so you can pick up some bargains too :D
These are the other challenges that I had in mind when creating my card:
Mojo Monday - sketch 146 (turned on its side)
Craft Your Passion - stitches
Critter Challenge - use at least 4 stars (I'm not sure if you can see them in the small picture, but all the white bits on the unicorn are stars)
Friends Having Fun - vintage red, patriot blue, tattered white
Think Ink - stitches
Digital Tuesday - red white and blue
Riley & Co - use the colours of your flag (Union Jack and red white and blue in my case)
Theme Thursday - Animals
Make Up for the Weekend - critters

25 comments:

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Absolutely gorgeous
Hugs,
Deb x

Claudine Poch said...

Wow, bright, bold colors. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous deep shades of red and blue and love the sentiment.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
Lisa x

Liz said...

Fab work Susan will be mailing you this afternoon

Liz xx

Josephine said...

It's a beautiful card, Susan. I'm in awe of the whole 'A' team for coming up with such a wonderful range of ideas on what was a very difficult theme.

Margreet said...

love your stylish and precious card, Susan!
xxx Margreet

Choccy said...

Oooh such a clever card.
I take my hat off to A team this week.Theyve all made fabulous cards !
Choccy xx

Kathryn B said...

Love the unicorn Susan! Such a nice twist to your typical military card! Great job!

Thanks for playing along with The Critter Sketch challenge this week!

Brenda Brown said...

I think this is just an amazing card Susan and yes, well, I think it is tangential. Graet colours to go with it.
A big pat on the back for the 'A' team and all their wonderful creations. Well done.
Have a happy day. Luv B xxx

sammi said...

Gorgeous! I love, love, love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Your Passion.

Stephanie Zito said...

Such a stunning patriotic card Susan! Thanks for playing along with us at PMS Makeup 4 The Weekend!

Lauretta See said...

gorgeous Card!!
Thank you for joining us on the craft your passion challenge. Good luck!

cheryl said...

oh susan ,I just knew you would turn up with the goods,this is one brilliant piece of work hun the coulrs are really gorgoues,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card~!

Stephanie said...

Great card! thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

jude said...

Absolutely gorgeous hun!Gosh the colour is fab! hugs judex

Unknown said...

Oh' Susan this is just an amazing card, super creation chum, hope you are well.
Hugs
Sarah xx

Daniella said...

WOW! This is Gorgeous!! I'm so glad you joined us at Friends Having Fun!!

Love crafts forever said...

I love how you used colors, it's look amazing. Stunning work. Hugs, Nataliya.

Sam said...

Well done Susan - awesome job and it looks exactly how I imagined it after you telling me your idea. Give yourself a big pat on the back hun
Sam x

Amanda said...

Great work - love the colour scheme.

Crafty Creations by AJ blog

Amanda

Ginny said...

Very nice card and so patriotic, perfect for this time of year :) Thanks for playing along with Paper Makeup Stamps

Alison said...

This is really pretty ! I love your unicorn! Thank you for playing alongwith Friends Having Fun!

Nicecrane Designs said...

amazing colors and what a neat card,, oh my,,,,I love it

Tina said...

Super sweet! Thanks for joining us at the Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge.