Tuesday 13 April 2010

Girl 4x4


I finished this 4x4 last night. The image is a digi stamp by My Grafico.
Here are the challenges I made it for:
Sketch Saturday - I followed the sketch but put the sentiment at the bottom instead of the top.
Tellen's Place - It's all about you. Lol, they do say that this means you can make whatever you like, it doesn't have to actuaaly represent you, but I do feel a certain affinity for this girl, lol, don't read too much into it :P
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - Metal. As well as her crown and the hearts/petals at the corners, her balloon started as a metal brad, which I first painted with purple nail polish and then sprinkled with very dark purple glitter.
4x4 Friday - Ornate. Hmmm, I'm not really sure if this is actually ornate, or just busy, I may ahve another go atthis one as I do love ornate stuff :)
Paperplay Designs - Shiny Happy People. Ok, she doesn't seem particularly happy, but there are definitely shiny bits and she's definitely a people :P
Something Completely Different - B is for Bling or Balloon
Whimsical Ink Sorority - use at least 1 punched shape, 1 stamped image and some plain cardstock. My punched shape isn't entirely obvious. Originally, the silver half-flowers you can see at the sides were a piece or cardstock that I used my MS border punch on. But, it just didn't look right, so I ended up using the punched shape as a stencil and colouring in the holes with a silver glitter pen.
The Crazy Challenge - Don't call me flat! Lots od different 3D embellishments on this one :)
Thanks for looking :)

12 comments:

cheryl said...

oh this is fab hun what a fab image love those pearls that you have added hugs cheryl xx

Nana said...

Sweet, sweet image! Loving the blings. Thank you for joining us at "Crazy challenge" this week!
hugs Nana

Unknown said...

I love your card the colours and images are great. Thanks for playing at Tellens Place.
Luv Jane xxx

Unknown said...

very cute, love all of the bling and silver, just makes the card!!! thanks so much for joining us over at the crazy.
Trish

sam21ski said...

Stunning - the silver and purple look fab xxx

Do What You Love said...

This is such a lovely card; love those colors you used and the image is sweet! I love the paper piecing too! Thanks for joining us this week at Tellen's Place! :~)

Unknown said...

beautiful card Susan love all the silver detail chum, and hugs for the challenge's list chum really appreciate you doing this, have entered them all thank you. Hugs
Sarah xx

blackdragon said...

Hello there... now i know what you look like!.... do you always wear your crown at a jaunty angle?
Thanks for playing along with Tellens place this week.... we'll be a bit 'darker' next week... or at least me and Terry will be...
love lynx

Unknown said...

Super bling !

Laura said...

Blingking good. Thanks for playing at SCD this week.

Julie M said...

Great card Susan, love the image and that slipping crown!!!

Thanks for entering my challenge on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Liz said...

Sorry Susan not been by all week or on forum its been a horris week will tell u on a mail Thanks for joining paperplay too
Liz x