Wednesday 14 April 2010

One wedding digi and one tweetie card

Hello folks, I have two challenge pieces to show you today.

This first one is a digital 4x4, the original goblets came from Itkupilli and thee original flowers are from Elegia (both were re-coloured to match my piece, and everything else I did in PSP. It was made for the following challenges:
Off the Wall Craftiness - be inspired by this photo
Polka Doodle - wedding celebrations
4x4 Friday - ornate
Flutterby Wednesdays - open, include a butterfly, fairy or angel


And this second piece is a card I made. The birds tree and the cream circles backing paper all come from the Home Sweet Home set by The Creative Cottage, available at Pollycraft, and I did the green bp and the checked pink brown and green bp myself in PSP. This one was made for the following challenges:
Pollycraft Challenge - Pink and brown, plus yellow or green.
Magical Crafts Challenge - Animal Antics (feathers are speifically mentioned, so I'm guessing that birds are included)
Paper Cutz Challenge - Use 3 patterned papers. I used one gream as a the main backing, the strip of checked paper at the side and the green behind the images.
Papertake Weekly - Cutie Pie. I haven't done too much cute stuff recently, so this was fun :)
Order of the Opus Gluei - Bird is the Word. Really ladies, thanks so much for the challenge title, I've had SO much fun with that song driving me crazy :P:P:P
Quirky Crafts - I had another go at Lyn's sketch, thanks Lyn, love this one :)
The Pixie Cottage - I also used this sketch, and some buttons. I hope I've managed to merge the two sketches successfully, so that both can be seen.
Raise the Bar - Spring for it!
For Fun Challenges - Just Because/Thinking of You card
Thanks for looking L)

27 comments:

Allison said...

lovely work
AllisonX

Katie said...

You did a great job merging the sketches and that image sure is cute!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage :)

the crafty duck said...

Hi Susan, two fab cards, love your birdies, they are perfect for our challenge, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

Liz said...

Hello Hun
Love your bew makes they are fab! lot of challenges too defo the challenge queen
Thanks for joining MCFC

Liz x

Beautiful Greetings said...

Your birdie card is just adorable! Love it! Thanks for playing with the Pixie Cottage!

cheryl said...

oh susan hun you never cease to amaze me these are just brilliant love those cute birds too you have done a great take on the sketch,bless you for joining us over at the pixie cottage hugs cheryl xxxxx

Kim Wilson said...

I love your entry Susan! Thank you for playing and good luck!

Denise @ kc242 said...

I really like both of your cards! So cute and with perfect dp paper and embellishments.
Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Pixie Cottage!
Denise
Pixie Cottage DT

Jana said...

Both of your cards are great. Love the birdies. They look wonderful in pink and brown. Thank you for playing with us at Opus Gluei.

Helen Dooley said...

I love your cards. They both are awesome! TFS with us at FOr Fun Challenges this week. You always do such a great card!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pixie Cottage. super cards!
~Pam

Deanne said...

another lovely take on our sketch, loving the pinks, tfs and joining in with us at quirky crafts :)

Patti J said...

Both of your cards are just wonderful! So happy that you shared them! Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week - hope to see you back again next week!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Susan! Such a lovely shade of green/blue. Thanks for sharing!

Rosemary said...

Love these cards, but I admit I am partial to your OG challenge card with the romantic birdies (and I love pink)! Thank you for playing with us at Opus Gluei, and sorry we got a song stuck in your head - I hate when that happens too!!!

Anne said...

A beautiful card with such cute birds! Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage this week!

Hugs, Anne

friday feeling said...

I Love both of these - great designs on them - you could use both for anniversaries too. Lovely colour schemes!
Caroline x

Danni said...

Fantastic cards! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Cazzy said...

I just love your tree, love this card.

Cazzy x

Spyder said...

Aw, glad you liked the sketch, and looky, I have some of those birdies, they are so cute! Lovely card! Thank you for joining Quirky Craft's sketch challenge this week, Look out for the new on Sunday evening.
(Lyn)

Kerry said...

Great wedding card, very different. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.

Risa said...

What a beautiful card! Your image is adorable and the details are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!
hugs
Risa:)

Katarina said...

What a tweet card ;) Thanks for joining the pixie cottage this week.

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Lovely card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

Tip Top said...

Beautiful digi! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

artish said...

great color combo. love the little birdies!thank you for playing at the pixie cottage!

Chris Arlington said...

Awwww so adorable !