Sunday 4 April 2010

It's a tragedy!


I have no idea why making this darker stuff makes me so ridiculously happy, but it does :P
This one uses a stamp by Stitchy called Brite Eye's, and I love her! You can buy her at Stitchy Bear stamps, and can I just say Hurrah hurrah hurrah that there are some darker digi stamps out there :D I added on some wings from Efie's blog and everything else I did in PSP, even the gold beading around the edge of the frame. You can't even really see it, but I know it's there, and I did it myself so yay me! :P
There were a couple of challenges that I wanted to enter but I was having trouble knowing where to start with either of them. The first was "Crows and Ravens" by Darkeness Inspiration, and the second was "Sombre Shakespeare" by Haunted Design House. And then I decided to see if I could comine them, and I came up with this fab quote from Romeo and Juliet.
Beautiful tyrant! fiend angelical!
Dove-feather'd raven! wolvish-ravening lamb!
Despised substance of divinest show!
Just opposite to what thou justly seem'st,
A damned saint, an honourable villain!

Here are the challenges I made it for:
Haunted Design House Macabre Mondays - Somber Shakespeare
Darkness Inspiration - Crows and Ravens
Totally Gorjuss - sketch and my gorgeous item is the original digi stamp.
Crafty Creations - anything goes
For Fun challenges - anything goes
Scramp Stamp and Doodle - flights of fancy
Allsorts - no DPs. Hmm, although I'm not sure if my background counts as a DP now. I had kept the bg as a plain canvas with some distressing and just the ruined building image, but then right at the end I decided to add in some big swirly corners as well, so now it looks more patterned.

20 comments:

cheryl said...

love this too hun you have done an amazing job with stitchys,image hugs cheryl xxxxx

stitchy said...

OMG Susan, I absolutely adore your dark side...this is gorgeous, you are so creative because no matter what someone throws at you, you can work a masterpiece...
Thank you huni, it's perfect...

Happy Easter
hugz
stitch xx

Barb said...

Another beautiful creation, Susan... the quote is perfect! And your digital collages always turn out amazing :) Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

jackiescrafts said...

Susan this is brilliant, as you know I'm not usually into dark stuff but this is amazing

Hugs Jackie x

Spyder said...

oh wowowowow!!! I love what you've done with Brite eyes!! Fabulous!!!((Lyn))

Liz said...

OMG Susan would love to crwl into that dark mind of yours I could not do this kind of work if you paid me lol! but its most certainly BRILLIANT I love it I love the coulour if Bright eyes hair as well ur one clever girl

Liz xx

Helen Dooley said...

You did a great job on this card. I love how the layering really added a different effect to it. Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun Challenges this week.

Sam said...

This is truly fab hun - I'll have a little whisper in stitchys ear for you and try and get you a few more of these darker ones for you.
Sam x

Alexandra Lundgren said...

This is wonderful and I am right there with you that making this stuff makes me happy :). My friends don't get it, but they support me anyway :). I send links to dark images and ooohhh and ahhh and they go- yep- not my speed but glad YOU like it, LOL!

Unknown said...

Wow! This card is absolutely stunning! I love it. I'm not usually into darker things, but for some reason your card blows me away.
Thanks for playing with us this week at SDDS.
Hugs,
Kim

Juls said...

wow so magical!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Kendra said...

I really like the chain, where did you find that? Thanks for playing with us at SSDS!

Unknown said...

You have done an amazing card Susan you are very talented when it comes to these cards, beautiful creation chum,
Hugs
Sarah xx

Alison said...

Wow! This is so cool! I love the quote, and all of your different elements are awesome!

craftymum said...

Great card Susan
Thanks for joining us at TG this week
love Sarah XXX

Kat said...

This is really striking. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Linda said...

Love your card. Lots of wings! Thanks for joining us at SSDS.

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Thanks for playing with us this week at SSDS, good luck!

Debs said...

Fab card... Thanks for playing along at TG this week…Debs

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

Wow! I love this one! Thanx for playing!