Sunday 8 August 2010

Another card in shades of teal



I think I've fallen in love with a new colour for me, lol, can you tell?
This time the female and the wings came from Outlaw by Design and I've used my Broken Dreams paper set again.
The theme this week over at Haunted Design House's Macabre Monday challenge is Netherworld Nymphs, so we want to see all your fabulously wicked and dark diva creatures. As Barb put it:
feminine nature spirits from the darkside. Goddess, sprite, mermaid, pixie, fairie or fay.


These are the other challenges that I'm entering:
Truly Scrumptious - Ch.38, sketch + golden oldie. I've had the Outlaw by Design CD for years now, and I don't use it enough, so that's my golden oldie stash.
Tuesday Throwdown - Monochrome. This is my second entry, feel free to ignore if I should only enter once :)
Simon Says Stamp - sing it baby. I was really having trouble thinking what type of sentiment would suit this image, and then the song came into my head and I knew :)
Flutterby Wednesday - your favourite colour with a fairy butterfly or angel. Now my favourite colour is purple, which is probably blindingly obvious if you look at my posts, but I have allowed this shade of deep teal to sneak up alongside purple in my "favourite colours" list. I can't say how long it will be at the top of the list, lol, purple has a tendency to sneak back into my affections whenever I use something else for a while, but for now, I'm loving teal :)
So Artful - proud as a peacock. Can you tell she's wearing peacock feathers. When I work on cards, I'm nearly always zoomed in, so I think I sometimes add details that aren't immediately obvious when you look at the card as a whole. But they are there :P
And I'm too late for both the Monochrome and the fluutterby challenge, I'm going to have to change something about the way I enter/choose challenges I think.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card the colours are beautiful Susan, and your creations that you post in your fav colours are amazing chum as all your work is
Hugs
Sarah xx

stitchy said...

Yep I agree, this color looks really good on you :)..those papers are so awesome..look in dictionary under vivacious and the meaning will be "Crafty Chaos Designs" :)..love them hun...

stitch xoxox

Jeanette said...

We share favorite colors. This is a gorgeous piece. I love her peacock feathers outfit. I like how you combined the two bg papers.

Thanks for being Soartful this week.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Wow, I am just in awe of your creativeness. Thanks so much for sharing...you are a very, very busy lady :)

Cheers!

jackiescrafts said...

Love this Susan, I have to agree the colour is gorgeous

Hugs Jackie x

Love crafts forever said...

O WOW! This card looks Hot, Hot, HOT!!!!!!! Gorgeous paper. Hugs, Nataliya.

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card Susan, the colours are stunning. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.

DonnaMundinger said...

You and me both! I apologize as well! That's gonna be some dream! LOL WOW, love this! Wanna send it to my DH? (Maybe not!) xxD

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us on Truly Scrumptious!

Claire Phillips said...

I love the teal colours they are fab and those papers are gorgeous! Cheers Claire x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

I love this colour and your nymph is gorgous.

Anonymous said...

Fab work my friend :) I have just posted your new childrens roundies on the blog
Have a lovely weekend
hugs June xxxxx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is a fantastic design!