Friday 6 August 2010

Vintage Adventurer


The new collage set over at DezinaWorld is called Men of the World, and I decided to make a postcard with a few of the pngs included in the set. The quote is by Lloyd Alexander, and these are the challenges I made it for:
Lots to Do - the scenic route
Cards for Men - off on an adventure
Just for Fun Fridays - orange, green and brown
Sunday Postcard - patchwork. Now the maps background is a patchwork of maps, but by the time I finished adding bits and bobs on top of it I wasn't really sure that the patchwork effect was still visible, so I created the border as well :)

6 comments:

crafty creations said...

Hiya Susan and thanks for joining the Lotstodo Challenge with such a fabulous piece - love all the elements you've added xx Hilda

cheryl said...

oh really love this,hun that background is just amazing,love it,hugs cheryl xxxxx

sam21ski said...

Great background and lovely balance to this piece xxxx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Got your link through SPA. Very unique postcard with great background. Lynne M

Kitty said...

Love this, it's so different from what i normally create! Truly inspiration.

Thanks for joining us at Cards For Men, and good luck in the challenge!

Kitty

Unknown said...

Dear Susan,
Thanks so much for stopping by to see my art work and leaving such a sweet compliment! I love your postcard! I use Dezinaworld collage sheets too! I am learning how to solder and make Steampunk jewelry to sale so when I get it posted I wil let you know! I had more Steampunk projects that I was working on but couldn't get them finished in time for the blog hop! Stop back by again and hopefully I will have everything finished!
Love the teal cards you made--beautiful color to work with! will stop back in again to take more time to see everything you have created!
Thanks, Kym