Tuesday 3 August 2010

Kitties are a girl's best friend :P


I've had fun playing around with this today. There were a few challenges I wanted to combine, and between them they led to this card. Here are the challenges:
Simply Betty - Teenage Best Friend
The Pixie Cottage - sketch 28 and/or two different stamps. I did both this week - Lola (the girl) comes with her own pet rat but I wanted a kitty for this one, so I used Lili the cat as my second stamp
Crazy Challenges - olive fuschia teal. Now when I first read these colours, I have to admit that I pulled a face, it sounded like a dreadful mix. And then I saw how beautifully the DT had combined those colours to make their own creations, so thanks very much for your inspirational work ladies :D
Die Cut Dreams - gingham
Creative Inspirations Wednesday - animals
Charisma Cardz - something with a tail
Crafty Sentiments - two embellishments or two types of embellishment. One flower and some brads are mine, lol, this was tough for me. And although the flower is layered, each layer is the same shape just coloured and sized differently, and the centre of the flower is the same as the brads, lol, I know it doesn't make any difference but it pleased me :P

26 comments:

sam21ski said...

I do love your take on colours, another fantastic combination xxxx

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous Susan!
x

cheryl said...

oh wow hun love this what a brialliant color combo,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Margreet said...

great card Susan....love the 'risky' colours, but they match the image perfectly!
xxx Margreet

Chris Arlington said...

I agree with your quote. Love the colors and layers.
P.S have put my kitty family on my blog sidebar.

Unknown said...

Wow!!! What a super card, love the layout and the colours. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week. Good luck.
Hugs
Dawn x

Brenda Brown said...

Wooo those colours are amazing Susan. Love the card and of course the purdy cat.
Luv B xxx

Anne said...

Hi Susan
What a fab card, a great take on the challenge this week
Thanks for playing along with the Crazy girls
Anne x

Claudine Poch said...

Cats are definately my favorite! Very cute card. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Digis.

Sandra H. said...

Very interesting images! I love them! Thank you for playing with the Pixie Cottage girls!

Bev said...

wot a lovly card. loving the image, and the colours are just perfect. ty for joining us at CSDD xxxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Card Susan, such a cute images, lovely colours and beautiful papers..... thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments Digi 2 embellishment Challenge this week.

Hugs Jo xxx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the purple hair. too cute. Thanks for joining us this week at the Pixie Cottage,
~Pam

Axa said...

Is this a virtual card? Never seen one of those on blogs, very cool. Thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments!

Jac’s Playground said...

This is such a cool card, everything about it is cool, the colour combo works perfectly and is definately one I wouldnt have chosed but it so works. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Digi Designs

Allison said...

lovely card
Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
AllisonX

Unknown said...

What a cute image, thanks for joing us at DCD.
Chris x

Nana said...

This is just brilliant! Love the image!
Thank you for joining us at "Crazy challenge" this week. Hope to see you again!
hugs Nana

Anonymous said...

Love this one my friend. I do love those darker makes.
I have a new challenge over at dezinaworld if you fancy a try.No reason why not, although you can always get any sheets you want anytime hehe
Have a lovely day my friend
Hugs June xxxxxx

Unknown said...

love it, love it!!! thanks so much for playing along with the crazy girls.
Trish

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card and image Susan, love your layout and pretty gingham paper which is perfect for our theme.
Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Victoria said...

wow that's bright gingham - I love it! Can't beat a bit of bright pink!!

Thanks so much for joining in with our gingham challenge at Die Cut Dreams
Hugs
Victoria
x

Ivolina said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for joining as at The Crazy Challenge.
Hope to see you again!

Ivolina

WeirdCat said...

The image reminds me of a cartoon my kids used to watch, looks fab,Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x

Barb said...

Love those two SBS digi's together! Perfect BFF card :)

Мързеланче said...

I love the cat! Thanks for playing along with us at the Crazy Challenge! Hope you will join us again next week!

Hugs

Neli