Sunday 21 February 2010

Emo birthday card and OSAAT reminder


I made this card for a few challenges, but now it's finished I don't think I like it :( It was going to be for my sister-in-law, who likes emo stuff and has a birthday coming up in a few weeks. Maybe it will have grown on me by then :P
The image is a freebie from Stamp Happens, she's called Maddie and she's fab, lol, I just don't think I've done her justice.
The challenges I was following are:
The Sherrod Studio Tuesday Throwdown challenge is distressing. As well as the obvious piece behind Maddie, I also gently distressed the green chequerboard pattern as well, but I'm not sure if you can see that.
The Papertake Weekly challenge is "Check this out" and you have to use a checked pattern somewhere, and I made my background to match.
The Tellen Place blog is having a birthday-themed challenge
The Easy Breezy Kewl Colour Challenge is to use the colours Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Soft Suede and Whisper White. I actually subbed a soft cream shade for the white, hope that's ok :)
The Character Cafe is a recipe challenge, and you have to use 1 digital image, 3 pieces of paper and 5 embellishments. The embellishments are 1 ribbon, 3 brads, and one gem in her hair. The pieces of paper I may have not done properly, I was counting the background piece os distressed card behind the image as one piece, the brown pattern as 1 piece and the green checked background as one piece. It wasn't until I was putting it together that I realised that I hadn't counted the sentiment piece, and then I realised that most people don't include the image piece either. LOL, all the boundaries get blurred a little when you print everything from your pc. So, I guess this card could count as having 2, 3 or 4 pieces of paper, depending on how you count :P
I followed the current sketch over at Sketch Saturday.
And the KL Stampin' Scrappin' blog is having a Go Green challenge, where you have to use an item that a non-crafter may have thrown away. My ribbon came from a piece that was tied around a pair of pyjamas I received as a Christmas gift.

And just a quick reminder, there's still a week to go to enter our very first challenge over at the One Stitch At A Time blog (OSAAT) there's some fab candy up for grabs, pop along to the blog to see all the details :D

Thanks for looking, it's all snow again here now, hope it's better weather wherever you are :)

19 comments:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Susan, thanks for joining us at PTW this week.

Mandy

June said...

Super card susan i really like this emo style
hugs June xxxx

Julie Leblanc said...

This is really a cute and fun card... thanks for playing at Easy Breezy Kewl...Hope you'll play again!

Do What You Love said...

Susan, this is a really nice card and I just love that image - it's so sweet! I'm sure your sister will enjoy it too! I love how you colored your image and the papers work well together too! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place! ;p

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Susan, I think your being hard on yourself hun, it's lovely, the image is great and you've doneher justice, your papers are fab as usual too,have a nice evening, hugs Liz xx

Kim said...

She's so cute! Thanks for joining us for this week's Tuesday Throwdown.

Kim said...

She's cute! Your sister will ove it. Thanks for joining us for this week's Tuesday Throwdown.

Kelly L said...

Cute image, and I love the ribbon with the embellishments. GREAT job with our Go Green challenge over at KL Stampin N Scrappin DT blog. :) Kel

Deanne said...

congratulations on winning quirky crafts last challenge :) I'll contact Regina from the cutting cafe and let her know :) x

Liz said...

Hi Susan Great card love this

Your on a roll lass!

Liz xx

Michelle B said...

Very cute card, that image is adorable. Thank you for joining us this week at Tellen's Place.

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Kendra said...

I love your card... super cute image and will make a great birthday card for your emo fan! I think it counts at 3 papers since I don't count the image paper... but that's me... and this works for me! Thanks for playing along with us at TCC this week :)

Joynana said...

Susan, love the colors and the image is great. Your sister-in-law will like it. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

Liz said...

Susan u have won over at Quirky crafts

Liz xx

Kelly said...

Great card Susan!! Cute image...love your colouring and those colours go fab together.
Glad you joined us at The Character Cafe this week.
Kelly

Ceal said...

sweet card thanks for playing in the Tuesday Throwdown

blackdragon said...

I think your sister-in-law will love it... i reckon its cute. Thanks for joining us at Tellens place.
xxx lynx

Rachel said...

Fabulous card!! thanks for joining us this week at The Character Cafe :0)
hugs,
Rachel

Fink said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at TCC and Tellen's Place!