Sunday 7 February 2010

Moon darkeness


After the comments on my raven piece, a couple of people pointed me in the direction of two more challenge blogs with a darker theme than normal. (Thanks guys!) And both of them had challenges up to do with the moon, although I'm too late for one of them now.
Art on the Dark Side - Dark side of the moon, now closed
Darkness Inspiration - dark and sinister moon
So, I came up with this, lol, it really looks like I've just plonked some stuff down on a background, but the background itself took me ages :P
I wanted to do something on the surface of the moon, with the Earth in the sky, and, as it grew, this is what I ended up with. Not particularly dark on its own, but I think the idea that the Man in the Moon used to have a friend but now only has a gravestone is sort of tragic. Poor guy! :P
The man and the gravestone cherub are both taken from images at Art Freebies, and the cherub is actually from a photo taken by the lovely June020202020202020202 herself. The rose vine is a cript frpm Daisy Doodles, and as a point of interest, the moon surface texture actually comes from a NASA photo, although I think it may be the surface of a moon other than our own. Thanks so much for stopping by :)

5 comments:

blackdragon said...

Fantastic piece... 1x man and 1x grave really brought a lump to my throat.... you're getting just to good at this 'darker' stuff! Welcome to another world of crafting... its great to have you along.
xxx lynx

Anonymous said...

Wow Susan, you excel at this kind of creativity my friend. Beautiful work and i am so glad you are enjoying all the graphic work you do
its ages since i saw that little cherub used
hugs June xxxxxx

"MOI" Freubel said...

Hey Susan
I has a hard time coming up with ideas for this challenge and now that I see your entry !!
What a amazing piece !! Bravo.
******
Kind greetings from the Netherlands.
Rian

cheryl said...

wow susan hun this is utterly brilliant gosh you are so talented hun stunning hugs cheryl xxxx

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

Wow! I love your art! This is beautiful!