Tuesday 16 February 2010

Vampire kisses


I've been indulging my darker side today, and this is what I came up with. The original image is from Outlaw by Design, I darkened her eyes, gave her fangs and cropped out her white underwear before adding her to a background I did in PSP.
I also made it with a few challenges in mind, but it may be a little dark for some of them. No-one specifically says that they only want clean or cute artwork, but I won't take offence if I don't get included for any draws, I've just been having fun :)
So, I followed sketch 12 over at the Sketch Girl blog.
The current Pink Elephant challenge is to use ribbon. I've had that black sparkly ribbon for so long and just couldn't fnd anything that it looked right with, so I'm really pleased I finally found a use for it :)
The Macabre Monday challenge is to use a Vampyress, and I turned my lady into one :)
And the Saturday Spotlight challenge is Around the House, and you have to use a household item, which isn't a craft stash item. I chose a safety pin, and lol, I had to pinch the last one out of our very small sewing kit, so let's hope nothing needs pinning any time soon :P

20 comments:

blackdragon said...

I love it .... you need to indulge your darkside more often... i think this is fang-tastic.I wish i could do digital art.
I cant imagine that you wouldnt be includedd in any of the challenges you have listed, art doesnt have to be cute and girly all the time.
This is smashing.
xxxlynx

Barb said...

Oh Susan... this is wicked-cool ;) I LOVE what you did with that image, and purple is always good... thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!
btw... I still haven't mailed out your goodies yet... this week has been nuts already ;)

Linda aka Oz said...

don't pop a button on those pants! lol Such a cool card. I love it. I wish I had somebody to hide my big ole white underwear sometimes..hehe
I think the other challenges just don't know they need a little present from the dark side yet. Just wait.. recruits are on their way!! Oz

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Spooky! My children love saying that word and it is the first thing that came to mind when I saw your card :>) Great details on this card...the ribbon is perfect for the image and the safety pin is so symbolic of the sentiment it holds. Great job with the sketch, thanks for playing along with Sketch Girl!

cheryl said...

oh this is super cool hun love it great image and the ribbon is perfect touch hugs cheryl xxx

stitchy said...

Susan, I never knew you had such a dark side and girl, I absolutely love it...I wanted to make some "dark side" images but I was always told they would not fly..I love when someone comes out of the box with their creative side, you done a super fantastic job here girl, I would be proud to enter that card in any challenge it fit...good luck hun on your draws.
hugz
stitch xx

Unknown said...

Great card Susan Spooky Image Fabulous colours & detail chum
Hugs
Sarah xx

Darlene said...

Oooo this is very unique but awesome!! Yes, you might want to restock on those safety pins ... you know what happens when you use the very last one!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight ... we do hope to see you again next week!!
And, if you're interested, I'm offering blog candy on MY BLOG ... feel free to come check it out!

Erin... said...

Beautiful!!! Love that big piece of ribbon! Thanks for sharing with us at Saturday Spotlight!

Jess said...

Fantastic card! Love the unique image and all the great details. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful ribbon! And the colours. And the safetypin.
And for the image: it's stunning. Cool work!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful creation and a great take on the Around the House Challenge at Saturday Spotlight!! Thanks for joining us this week!

Suzanne said...

Spooky yet elegant! cool card!

Nancy Dooren ~ Nans said...

Wow! Love this one!

LORi said...

WOWZa...what a FUN and Funky card!! So happy you shared with The Pink Elephant this week!!

HUGS - LORi

The Pink Elephant Blog

Sheri Gilson said...

What a fun card!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Alexandra Lundgren said...

oooo- Look ho very, very crafty! Fab!! Love the purple.

Huckleberry said...

What a great card. I love your vamp

~amy~ said...

fang-tastic....loved that comment...great job with sketch girl #12!

Harriet H said...

A great card ..... a great design with the sketch and thank you so much for playing along with Sketch Girls sketch challenge....

Harriet