Sunday 28 February 2010

Two "just because" cards :)


I have a couple of cards to share, both made with seperate challenges in mind.
The first one uses a free image from Fairy Colouring Pages and papers by me and was made for the following chllenges:
Firstly I followed the sketch at Friday Sketchers.
Dare you to Digi Stamp'c challenge is to use pearls and a digital image.
The Twisted Thursday challenge is to use hot pink somewhere on your card.
There's a new challenge blog called I Love Digi, and their first challenge is to Think Pink.
The One Stop Craft Challenge is to make something optimistically pink. (Spotted a theme here yet? :P)
And, after I'd found all those pink chaalenges, I knew what colour my card would be, so when I saw that the current Fussy and Fancy challenge is to be inspired by movies, I immediately thought of Pretty in Pink.
And finally the Raise The Bar challenge is "Three's Company", so I've gone made on threes. It's mostly three shades of pink - light, dark, amd bright. There are three strips of paper running behind the image. I used three pearls and three flowers, held together with three brads and each with three layers. And there are three winged creatures - the fairy in the image, a small butterfly on her arm and the metal dragonfly on the top corner.


And this second piece uses images and a background from the French set at DezinaWorld plus ribbon and buttons from my stash and flowers I made myself.
This one was made for:
Simon Says Stamp challenge, which is Vintage + Flowers
And I followed the sketch at Our Creative Corner

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

23 comments:

Liz said...

Susan your cards are brill love all your matching papers need to learn how to do this I will I will lol Im piching some of ur challenges as my card is pink with wings too lol say u dont mind
..hope not!
Liz xx

Unknown said...

Both Beautiful Susan fabulous work, love your first one and my fav colours too, pink and bear that's me lol'
Hugs
Sarah xx

Sam said...

Wow hun you got your groove back now havent you. Hopefully I can get mine back this week now, with only one challenge blog to worry about.
Sam x

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow these are gorgeous, love the fairy one, great colours and fantastic background papers, hugs Liz xx

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful cards, love all the pink on your first card. The fairy image is so pretty and your paper is gorgeous.

Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy & Fancy

Karin said...

Outstanding entries! Love the papers on the first card...Thanks for playing at I Love Digi!

Elaine ♥ said...

What a beauty! Love the shades of pink, your image is gorgeous and love the embellies :)

Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi this fortnight

Elaine x

cheryl said...

gosh hun these are brill too love them love the papers on the first and love how you have used those images with Junes hugs cheyrl xxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What gorgeous cards Susan. Your fairy image is tremendous...going to head off on that link in a mo so TFS. Beautiful colours and your papers are wonderful.
Thanks for joining us this week at the OSCC.
Sharon xx

Georgia said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at S2G TT.

Anonymous said...

Both cards are beautiful--I love the cute fairy and gorgeous pink papers! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Bev said...

Love your card its definately pink. Thanks for joing us at I Love Digi.

Poppy said...

gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
poppy

Darlene said...

SO creative! I love both creations!! Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar. We do hope to see you again next challenge!

Timcso said...

Beautiful card! Love the image and the colours!:)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

Hugs, Tímea

Shelley said...

What a gorgeous fairy image, I love the colour. Thanks for joining in with this weeks OSCC.
Hugs Shelley xx

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful cards! I love all the detail and wonderful shades of PINK!
Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi!
Dee (Spryte)

Milliesmarvels said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at I love Digi.
Jane
x

Paul said...

Great card and awesome papers too. Thanks for joining in with I LOVE DIGI's first Challenge. Hope to see you again,
TFS
Paul

Anne said...

How beautiful! Thanks to the link to th fairy colouring pages, great stuff there. Both cards look wonderful but that second one is just so very elegant

Thanks for playing along at Twisted Thursday, hope you come back and play next week:)

Hugs
Anne

Ann English said...

Wonderful work-each unique. The first so cute and the second so elegant.
Thanks for playing @S2G!

Caroline said...

THis is gorgeous I love the colours and the image, thanks for joining us this week @ DU2DS

Lori said...

I'm loving the 'Pretty in Pink'! It really is very pretty : ) Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.
Love and hugs ~ Lori